Hey readers! To get into the patriotic spirit, I thought it would be fun to create an easy colorful mani! All you’ll need is three different polishes in (you guessed it!) red, white and blue.
I used “Ruby Ruby”, “Snow Me White” and “Love Nails” (all from Sinful Colors) for my red, white and blue. And my sparkling top coat is “Glass Slipper” from Sally Hansen.
- Paint your nails in the following order: nail #1- red, #2- blue, #3- white, #4- red etc. Repeat with the right hand, but instead start with white.
- Apply the second layer, but only cover half of each nail and with different colors: nail #1-white, #2- red, #3-blue, #4-white, and so on.
- Clean off all of the excess polish and touch up whatever is necessary.
- Apply a sparklicious top coat for the finishing touch and voila! A bright, fun, patriotic mani!
Did you absolutely love this manicure? Tell me in the comments below! And have a fabtastic 4th of July!
Hey readers! So I know that I’m not anywhere near to being one of those world famous bloggers, but after 2 months of blogging, 22 followers, and 300+ views, I decided to share with you some tips that certainly helped me start my blog. After all, blogging is all about sharing ideas, products, tips and everything else fabulous! I’m sure that you will have heard some of these tips before, but sometimes the very basic things are the most important! So here are my 5 tips for becoming a better blogger!
- Prepare Your Posts. Have a general idea of the layout of your post beforehand. Always keep a clear distinct topic when you write (for example, if you’re writing a nail tutorial, don’t start talking about the random skirt you just bought…). You want your readers to fully understand what you’re telling them, so keep your posts sweet and to the point.
- Engage Your Readers. Use creative adjectives and descriptions to captivate your readers! Never be afraid to pull out the dictionary, thesaurus, or even google (seriously, I use google ALL the time). And something else that’s equally important, use good grammar and spelling. Nothing turns me away faster than a poorly written post. Not sure your post makes sense? Have a friend, sibling, or parent check it for you and always preview your post before publishing.
- Post Regularly. No one wants to have to wait 3 weeks in between each post. Post on a regular basis, but not too frequently. I personally like to post every 1-3 days so that I blog regularly, but it doesn’t get too crowded. And remember, one well-written exciting post is better then five low-quality boring ones.
- Take High-Quality Photos. I use my mom’s Canon EOS Rebel T21 camera. Probably not everyone has access to a camera like that, but that doesn’t give you any excuse for poor lighting, editing, or using a webcam. 🙂 (Would you like a post on photography tips? Just let me know!). I like to edit my photos using iPhoto and Photoshop Express. For more online editing ideas, check out this helpful post by Beautiful Kayekie.
- Interact With the Blogging World! Connect with your readers! If they comment on your blog or request a post, let them know you appreciate it and always respond. Also, you can learn SO much by reading other blogs, so share the love by following and liking other bloggers!
Want even more help? Check out Learn WordPress.com for more helpful tips, guides and tutorials. It’s especially useful for those of you who are just starting to blog.
I hope these tips help you as much as they’ve helped me! Please like, follow, and comment below!
Probably most of you readers have figured out that I don’t really have a makeup routine. In fact, I rarely ever use makeup. But of course there are a few exceptions, and since I dance a LOT there are plenty of shows, rehearsals, recitals, etc. where I need to have the whole stage makeup look. Sometimes I include a whole rainbow of colors on my face, but today I’m sticking with light and neutral makeup.
What I used: (from left to right)
- Lipstick from NYC– This bright fun color is great for summer!
- Nouveau Neutrals Brightening Eye Color by e.l.f.– Another fantastic and affordable mini eye shadow palette.
- True Match Naturale Concealer from L’Oréal Paris– I love this concealer, it’s perfect for fixing any blemishes and looks completely natural!
- True Match Naturale Foundation from L’Oréal Paris– This powder is amazing! Like the concealer, is looks completely natural!
- Blush from CoverGirl– It comes with 3 shades and 4 different palettes. This one is called “Refined Rose”.
- Thickening Mascara by Palladio– Sadly this pricey mascara was not as fantastic as I had hoped. It’s still usable, but not my favorite. If you’re looking for a fabulous mascara, try Almay’s “Intense i-color”.
- Eye shadow palette by Femme Couture–I bought this on clearance from Sally Beauty Supply for $2 and absolutely love it!
First of all I applied my L’Oréal Paris concealer and foundation,
and then both my e.l.f. and Femme Couture eye shadows and Pallido mascara,
and completed the look with my CoverGirl blush and NYC lipstick.
What did you think of my first makeup post? Please please please comment and tell me below! What are your favorite makeup products and brands? I would totally love to try them!
Don’t forget to like and follow!
Hello readers! Today’s tutorial is triangle nail art. I got this Idea from the blog Beautiful Kayekie and had to try it. I absolutely love this mani, and I think you will too!
All you need is:
- 2 different nail polishes (I used “Charmed” by Sinful Colors, and Sally Hansen’s “Steely Gaze”)
- Painters Tape
- Apply your base coat
- Apply your first polish color–You can do every nail the same, or switch a few nails like I did with my index fingers– and let dry for at least 45 minutes
- Cut your tape into small triangles. The size of your triangles depends on the size/length of your nails, but I would leave a little extra tape overlapping your cuticles, to make it easier to peel off
- Carefully apply the tape to your nails
- Apply your second polish painting over the tape and nail
- Immediately after painting each nail, carefully and slowly peel off the tape
- Repeat steps 5-6 with all of your nails and let dry
- Finish with a top coat
Did you guys enjoy this post? Tell me! And don’t forget to like, comment and follow!
p.s. If you still haven’t seen it, check out my Facebook page! And make sure you hit the like button!
I love newspaper nails and just had to post a tutorial! They’re fun, easy, and beautiful!
All you need is:
- White Polish (I used Sinful Color’s “Snow Me White”)
- Rubbing Alchohol
- Apply 2 layers of your white polish and let dry for at least an hour
- Dip your nail in rubbing alchohol for 5 seconds
- Press newspaper against your nail for at 20-30 seconds and gently remove
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with each nail
- Finish with a top coat
Let me know what you thought of this post! Just like, follow, or comment below!
Hey everyone! I decided to post a tutorial for the hairstyle I used in my bohemian OOTD, it’s super simple and super stylish. It can be across your head (as pictured) or across your forehead (as shown in my bohemian OOTD). Note: This hairstyle works best with long hair, and is NOT a french braid.
Start by separating the hair above your ear into two layers, the top layer and the hair underneath. You will only be using the bottom layer, so pin the rest out of the way. Depending on how big you want your braid to be, you can pin back more or less.
Take your unpinned section of hair and braid it tightly. Braid all the way down and secure it with an elastic.
Start to wrap the braid across your head and pin into place as much as needed.
Once your hair is secure and pinned, voila! You have a beautiful headband braid!
I hope you enjoy this tutorial as much as I did! If you have any questions, requests, or feedback, comment below! Also, don’t forget to like, follow, and check out my Facebook page!
Hello everyone! I just gave myself a mini manicure and just had to share the look!
I used only two polishes, both from Sinful Colors. The pink is called “Bikini” and the silver “Charmed”. Both are AMAZING colors and I am so happy I bought them!
First I painted two coats of pink, and then added a simple silver line on each nail. Be careful not to add too much silver, because that can ruin the effect. Covering 1/4 or 1/3 of the nail with silver is perfect.
How simple is that?! It was super easy and the result is fantastic! So, find two nail colors that you love (I would suggest matching a bright polish with a dark/metallic/glitter polish) and paint them to perfection!
Tell my if you enjoy this nail art, and don’t forget to like, comment, and follow! And if you missed the memo, Raining Pineapples just joined Facebook! So please go check out my page and make my day!
Hey bloggers! I have always wanted to do ombré nails and today I finally did! They are super amazing and easy, I just share them with you!
All you need is:
- 2 or 3 nail polishes
- A clear top coat
- Makeup sponge(s)
- Nail polish remover or Acetone
- Q tips
- Cotton balls (optional)
- Brush each polish onto the sponge so that you have 3 distinct lines.
- Lightly press the sponge to your nail. You may need to do this step multiple times, it took me around 3 nails to figure out how to do it right. Note: the polish will get all over your fingers, so keep the polish remover close.
- Touch up as much as needed and remove the drastic amount of polish on your fingers. 🙂
- Once your nails are dry, add a top/glitter coat to complete the manicure!
I used “Happy Ending” and “Love Nails” (both from Sinful Colors), Sally Hansen’s “Spark”, and “Glass Slipper” as my top coat.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Sorry for the lack of pictures, it’s hard to photograph while doing your nails. 🙂 This isn’t too much of a tutorial, but it shows you what you need and and the amazing end result!
Thanks for reading my blog! Please please please comment, like and follow, it makes my day!
Today I’m just taking a moment to show you how I curl my hair. I don’t know about you, but I have extremely thick and coarse hair, so curling it with an iron can take hours. My quick and easy solution,
When your hair is damp, french braid straight down. Sleep in it, and then in the morning just take it out and load it with hairspray!
How easy is that?! Super simple, and french braids are super trendy right now, so get rid of those curlers and start braiding!
Tell me if you enjoyed this post and let me know what you want! Like, follow, and leave a comment below!